Why so? Now let us ask you back: who can deny these carbs, combined with creamy sensation of the milk? We would say that we won’t resist it!
Making this meal isn’t difficult at all that even your teen child can do it seamlessly. As long as all ingredients are prepared already, you will be able to make this meal in less than half an hour. Be a pro in cooking, you’ll have shorter time to spend.
Wondering how to make mashed potatoes with evaporated milk? These are the ingredients and the procedure in detail.
- 6 medium-sized (or equal 2 pounds) of potatoes
- ¼ cup (equal to ½ stick) margarine or butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk of any brands
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled bacon, green onions (chopped), and/or parsley (chopped) – these ingredients are optional.
- Peel and wash your potatoes thoroughly. Then, cut them into small chunks, sized one inch per chunk.
- Place the potato chunks in a large saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water then boil the chunks until it turns tender. Typically, it will take around 15-20 minutes. Drain the water afterwards.
- Keep the potatoes inside the saucepan. Now add butter and evaporated milk.
- Slowly, beat the potatoes with hand-held mixer until it turns smooth. Add ground black pepper and salt to season your mashed potatoes.
- If you desire, you can add any of the optional ingredients mentioned earlier. Adding those ingredients will help you boost the flavor of the evaporated milk mashed potatoes.
- Serve the potatoes. This recipe will yield 6 servings.
Alternately, you may try adding mushrooms onto your mashed potatoes. In order to do that, you will need to do these:
- Prepare the potatoes as mentioned in the recipe above. Move the potatoes in another container.
- In the saucepan, melt butter and add one clove garlic (chopped finely). Then, sauté the mushroom (8 ounces, finely chopped) until the liquid of the mushroom is evaporated. It will take approximately 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then, add the potatoes + evaporated milk. Mash the potatoes with hand-held mixer.
- Mix it well with the mushrooms.
- Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
So, that is the mashed potatoes with evaporated milk recipe. It is not that difficult to make it, isn’t it? Are you ready to remake these mashed potatoes with evaporated milk?