Footprints Rasta Pasta Recipe to Make for Dinner on Busy Weeknights
Footprints Rasta Pasta recipe below will tell you how to recreate the popular and signature dish Rasta Pasta from Footprints Café. You can simply try the following recipe if you want to copy the flavorful and authentic Jamaican/Caribbean dish from this Brooklyn-based restaurant. This Footprints Rasta Pasta copycat recipe doesn’t require hours to make. At most, it will take only one hour, especially if you’ve prepared the ingredients beforehand. Read and follow the Footprints Rasta Pasta recipe in the following to create an effortlessly delicious food.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts 3 pieces
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 pack Parma Rosa Sauce Mix optional, alternatively you can use creamy tomato sauce or Alfredo sauce with tomatoes addition
- 1.5 – 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or grated mozzarella
- Green seasoning as needed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparing the chicken:
- Season cleaned chicken breasts with green seasonings or any seasoning of your choice, before adding a tablespoon of jerk seasoning as a coating. Let the chickens sit for a while or leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare the seasoned chicken breasts inside a greased baking tray wrapped with aluminum foil.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 35 minutes.
- Take off the chicken from oven to remove excess water and put it back for 25 minutes.
- Cut the chicken before setting it aside.
Preparing the pasta:
- Boil the pasta for approximately 10 minutes, before straining the water.
- Pour olive oil in a pot over medium heat level and sauté green onions and garlic.
- Coat the onions with a tablespoon of jerk seasoning and stir it for about a couple of minutes.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Coat bell peppers with salt, olive oil, and black peppers and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add half of the pasta, half the cheese, and half pack of the Parma Rosa then stir the mixture.
- Add the other half of the Parma Rosa and cheese. Mix well.
- Add the other half of pasta and baked bell peppers.
- Add milk if the mixture lacks of liquid. Don’t forget to mix well.
- Remove the heat and serve the pasta with the chicken.
Rasta Pasta makes a perfect dinner menu if you want a mix of creaminess, spiciness, cheese and proteins from chicken and vegetables. It is basically a dish with various texture and flavor. Moreover, the jerk seasoning and spice of the Footprints Rasta Pasta recipe above really takes it to another level.