Footprints Rasta Pasta Recipe to Make for Dinner on Busy Weeknights
- 1 lb. chicken breasts 3 pieces
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 pack Parma Rosa Sauce Mix optional, alternatively you can use creamy tomato sauce or Alfredo sauce with tomatoes addition
- 1.5 – 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or grated mozzarella
- Green seasoning as needed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparing the chicken:
- Season cleaned chicken breasts with green seasonings or any seasoning of your choice, before adding a tablespoon of jerk seasoning as a coating. Let the chickens sit for a while or leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare the seasoned chicken breasts inside a greased baking tray wrapped with aluminum foil.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 35 minutes.
- Take off the chicken from oven to remove excess water and put it back for 25 minutes.
- Cut the chicken before setting it aside.
Preparing the pasta:
- Boil the pasta for approximately 10 minutes, before straining the water.
- Pour olive oil in a pot over medium heat level and sauté green onions and garlic.
- Coat the onions with a tablespoon of jerk seasoning and stir it for about a couple of minutes.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Coat bell peppers with salt, olive oil, and black peppers and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add half of the pasta, half the cheese, and half pack of the Parma Rosa then stir the mixture.
- Add the other half of the Parma Rosa and cheese. Mix well.
- Add the other half of pasta and baked bell peppers.
- Add milk if the mixture lacks of liquid. Don’t forget to mix well.
- Remove the heat and serve the pasta with the chicken.
Rasta Pasta makes a perfect dinner menu if you want a mix of creaminess, spiciness, cheese and proteins from chicken and vegetables. It is basically a dish with various texture and flavor. Moreover, the jerk seasoning and spice of the Footprints Rasta Pasta recipe above really takes it to another level.