In search of pizza crust with self rising flour recipe? You have come to the right page. In this article below, you will learn how to make a pizza crust, which sometimes called as pizza dough—easily with no yeast involved.
You may start to wonder: but pizza is bread, will it be OK without any yeast to involve? Of course, it is a ‘Yes’! You can go make pizza crust without even any need to ‘prepare’ the yeast, simply by using self-rising flour.
What exactly is a self-rising flour and how it differs from our favorite fellow AP flour? Self-rising flour is once AP flour, too. However, it is combined with other ingredients to make it capable to self-rise. That important ingredients are baking powder and some salt. With baking powder being on the house, it becomes capable to have this flour to self-rise. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to make pizza crust with self rising flour:
- 1.5 cups self-rise flour and prepare more for kneading.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
Given the ingredients prepared are for 8 servings, you can multiply the amount for each ingredient if you need more. Now onto the procedure of making the self-rising flour pizza crust. What do you need to do to make the dough?
- Preheat your oven to 500ºF.
- Prepare a bowl to mix the ingredients. Then, into the bowl, add self-rise flour and Greek yogurt that you have prepared. Mix it well.
- Now the mix needs some kneading. Prepare a flat surface that is floured with the same type of flour (self-rise flour). Start kneading the dough by occasionally flouring the dough to make it not sticky. Do the kneading for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Have a pizza pan (here we use a 12-inch pan), and spray it with your cooking spray.
- Then, spread the dough to the pan edges. Once it’s done, you can start baking the pizza crust.
- Put the tray containing the dough inside the oven. Cook it for around 10-15 minutes before adding the toppings. If the toppings are on, then you can cook it for around 15-20 minutes.
Storing the dough for further use? It is a good thing to do, but typically the dough will only be good for baking for one day after storage. That said, it will give you maximum result if you are making the crust a few hours before you are using it.
So, that is the recipe of how to make a pizza crust with self-rising flour. You can make your own pizza crust with self rising flour?