Have you tried to make Sean Brock cornbread? In fact, this is definitely the most delicious yet the easiest recipe you can easily try to make at home. Your family will definitely love to have delicious cornbread, especially in the winter season. However, just like any other homemade recipe, you need to do a lot of practice in making. Now, just easily follow the recipe if you want to try the dish. Check the details below.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1/4 cup of melted rendered lard
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 11/2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound of pork fat (to make the rendered lard)
How to make the rendered lard:
- Mix the 1/2 cup of water and the pork fat in a saucepan. Then, cook it on low heat.
- Now, stir the mixture for about 1,5 hours, until the water is completely gone, and the pork fat is rendered.
- Strain the pork fat and place it in a container. Cool it down
- Refrigerate the pork fat and use it anytime you want. You should remember it can only be used for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Mix the baking soda, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the egg, buttermilk, and the melted lard into a medium bowl.
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees of Fahrenheit, and put the iron skillet in the oven to heat it for around 10 minutes.
- Take the skillet out from the oven and move it onto the stove.
- After that, you can pour the remaining heated lard onto the skillet.
- Then, you can add the batter.
- Put the skillet back into your oven and bake the Sean Brock cornbread dough in 15 minutes.
- For the last step, check the cornbread dough by putting a toothpick into the middle of the dough and take it back. If the toothpick is clean, your cornbread is ready to be served.
In addition, you can serve this dish when it is still warm. Your lovely ones will definitely love it. That is how to make the Sean Brock cornbread which you can easily learn and do at your home.