If you need to create a classic, easy, and quick dips, then there’s no way you can go wrong with the following recipe of Velveeta Queso crockpot. In essence, it requires only two simple basic ingredients, which are the Velveta Cheese and RoTel tomatoes. However, the recipe below fancies it up by adding additional ingredients such as ground beef, jalapeños, and onion to bring it to another level.
To recreate the following Velveeta Queso crock pot recipe, prepare the ingredients and follow the instructions as provided here.
- 32 oz. Velveta cheese, cut into cube shapes
- 20 oz. canned RoTel tomatoes
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 2 small or 1 large jalapeños, cut, seeded, and minced
- 2 tbs. store-bought or homemade taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet on medium heat until the meat turns brown then remove from the skillet.
- Mix jalapeños, taco seasoning, and water in the same skillet on medium to high heat, and stir until the liquid dissolve before removing the mix from heat.
- In a slow cooker with medium to large capacity, put the Velveta cheese, canned RoTel tomato, and beef mixture.
- Set the slow cooker on low mode and stir it well for an hour or two until the cheese is melted entirely.
- Set the slow cooker to warm to serve for the event and stir the mixture prior to serving it.
To make this Velveeta Queso crockpot menu more appetizing, you may serve it with some sprinkled chopped Cilantro or chopped tomatoes on the center top of the dish. It is also possible to simply use the remaining RoTel tomatoes or green pepper.
The most commonly used ingredient to accompany this Velveta cheese and RoTel dip is tortilla chips. However, you may also serve it with vegetables like celery sticks or carrot for healthier options, or even pretzels and breads. Any type of ingredient that suits well with melted cheese is going to work.
Now, if you are concerned with the spiciness, you may wonder how spicy this dip is. Truth to be told, it is really hard to measure spiciness level as it differs relatively from one person to another. That being said, the recipe above most probably falls into mild to medium spicy category. If you’d rather step down the spiciness, then you may eliminate the jalapeño ingredient from the Velveeta Queso crockpot recipe above.