A Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef makes an ideal snack option on gathering event or game days. It is easy, simple, and delicious. It is probably the most practical recipe you can recreate that result in delicious and creamy treat with only several ingredients.
Two of the essential ingredients of this recipe are the Ro-Tel tomato and Velveta cheese. Ro-Tel is a popular canned diced tomatoes brand, which can be swapped with chunky salsa if you currently don’t have one at hand. The Velveta cheese, however, is the heart of this recipe that can’t be replaced, as it provides the creamy and make sure that the dish won’t become a hard textured cheese during the preparation process.
Now, simply add some ground beef and throw them for 15 minutes on a skillet pan then you have created the tasty dip. To add more savory taste, you can add alternative mix-in ingredients, such as mushroom or green chili peppers. Have any vegetarian family member or guest? Then simply exchange the beef with black beans or drained pinto.
Isn’t it so easy? Don’t forget to make sure that you provide a large bag of tortilla chips to go with this Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef and rotel and the dish will disappear in no time.
- 1 package (32 ounce) Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (10 ounce) Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 green onion, chopped
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet on medium to high heat and break it into smaller pieces
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Remove any excess grease.
- Bring the heat down to medium to low.
- Add the Ro-Tel tomatoes.
- Add the Velveeta cheese.
- Cook and stir on medium to low heat until all ingredient mesh well and the cheese is all melted.
- Serve while warm with chopped green onion as garnish and tortilla chips to complement.
It is also possible to recreate the Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef recipe above b using crockpot instead of skillet. The only difference will be the cooking time. To use the crockpot method, set the heat setting according to how soon you want to serve the dips. After the Velveeta cheese in all melted, turn the setting down into “Keep warm” to prevent the ground beef to be scorched.
If there’s still any leftover, then you can store it in airtight container and keep it for 4 days maximum in refrigerator. Simply reheat the Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef in a crockpot or oven if you want to serve it again.