You can have saltgrass brussel sprouts with simple and easy cooking. This recipe is suitable for regular lunch or dinner. You may also serve this dish alongside the wine and smashed potato. One thing you should know is the recipe comes from prominent restaurant. You may recognize some ingredients, but do not have an idea on how they make the delicious sprouts and bacons dish. Therefore, you can follow the following recipe and experience the delicious sprout you make.
- 2-3 pounds Brussels sprouts, sliced or slashed
- 1/4 – 1/2 pounds bacon
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare oven at 400 degree.
- Cut or slice bacons then fry partially. After that, remove them and put aside.
- Prepare onion and cook until softened and browned.
- Slice the sprouts and get rid of all brown leaves.
- Wash them and cook alongside red onion.
- Prepare the oven tray and put bacon on it.
- Pour olive oil and cover it on the top of all ingredients. Mix and blend equally. Add more oil if necessary.
- Put bacons and the rest of ingredients into oven then bake for 25-30 minutes
- Add salt and black pepper. You can pour more if you like the salty and spicy taste.
If you like vegetables, adding more sprouts can make the recipe healthier. Of course, that’s up to your choice. Some people like fewer vegetables and more bacon. On the other side, bacon is replaceable with other ingredients, such as turkey, ribs, and chicken. Cooking saltgrass brussel sprouts with chicken seems to be the best choice if you do not like too much bacon. The recipe is versatile that you may add more or less bacon. Another option is to mix both in the same recipe.
You may have crispy bacon from this recipe. For such thing, you must slice bacon as thin as possible. After that, the bacon should be baked as usual with extra olive oil. The result is delicious and crispy bacon with fresh sprout. The latter is important if you pick the fresh one. You should go to local or nearby market to obtain them. As alternative, try the shredded brussel sprouts with bacon.
This recipe uses salt and pepper for seasonings. As usual, you may add more salt if you like salty and crispy bacon. The instruction explains that salt is poured after baking. However, you may add it during mixing alongside the oil and onion. More pepper on saltgrass brussel sprouts will give extra spicy taste.