Are you looking for a recipe for salsa verde enchiladas Hellofresh? Lucky you, you are on the right place. With this recipe, you can now recreate the Hellofresh version of enchiladas and make it oozingly saucy! Do the prep for all the ingredients, and cook this recipe anytime you need a mood booster.
Enchiladas are Mexican meal that is known to be easily prepared. In its origin, it is considered as a main meal, but for some, it cannot be more than a snacking due to its portion. Well, with this salsa verde enchiladas Hellofresh recipe, find no other than a tummy-filling enchilada with easy cooking technique and cheap ingredients.
Moreover, it’s all plants except the cheese; hence it is suitable for our vegetarian fellows. Changing the cheese with vegan cheese for this salsa verde enchiladas recipe is a good idea as well.
- Poblano pepper. Cut it into halves and chop it around 1-2 cm.
- Tomatoes (cut into dices)
- 1 can of black beans, part it into halves
- Scallion, white part only
- Monterey cheese
- Southwest spice blend, as required
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of sour cream
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 7 oz of Salsa verde (green salsa)
- Some olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Prepare all the ingredients then onto your medium, preheated pan and add olive oil.
- Put in the poblano pepper and cook it for around 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Prepare the diced tomatoes, ½ can of black beans, and the scallion whites. Put them into the pan once the time set for poblano pepper is over. Cook them up altogether along with the pepper.
- Add Southwest spice blend once you finish mixing all the ingredients together.
- Cook for another three minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning out the ingredients. Put aside.
- On the previously used pan, cook another half-can of black beans along with preheated olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Cook the beans for around 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter afterwards onto the black beans. Mash the butter and beans together.
- On a small bowl, prepare sour cream and add some spice blend and water (1-2 tablespoon). Mix it all.
- Tortilla ready, add both all filling ingredients (beans + veggies). Wrap it. Arrange it horizontally on a tray. Add green salsa sauce and Monterey cheese as toppings, and voila – your enchiladas are ready to munch!
If you are not into cheese or are a vegan, you may dismiss the cheese and butter. As options, you can replace butter with something like nut or coconut butter; while cheese can be replaced with its vegan option. By replacing ingredients to its vegan options, you can still enjoy every bit of your salsa verde enchiladas Hellofresh!