So, you can make Publix key lime pie at home with easy steps. Before you do it, ensure that you have tried this pie to know why people love it. Lime has been the main choice as the best dessert in a wide range of restaurants. Moreover, you will get some variations with more toppings that you can choose. On another side, a classic recipe is more preferable. Some people love to make original Publix key lime pie with condensed milk and cream.
If you looking for a recipe for Publix key lime pie, then you will find it here. You do not need professional training to make it. All ingredients are easy to find at stores, including lime juice. On another side, you can prepare your juice. Even other ingredients are easy to find as well.
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 to 2 cups of processed graham cracker crumbs, finely
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 14-oz can of sweetened and condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of lime zest
- ¾ cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, optional
- 1 cup of cold heavy cream
- First, you need to prepare a pie dish and add the cooking spray. You have to preheat the oven up to 350 degrees
- Then you can mix sugar, cracker, and butter in the bowl. Stir and mix them until the mixture looks like wet sand
- Put and press your mixture to the pie dish. Spread it evenly, and ensure that the whole surface has covered
- Put it into the oven, and you can bake for around 30 minutes
- You can mix condensed milk, eggs, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix all ingredients steadily.
- After the crust gets cold, then you can pour this mixture and bake again for around 10 to 15 minutes
- You can move the crust in the cooling rack
- Start to mix sugar and heavy cream, then pour it on the crust
- You can add more toppings if you want to
You can bake this delicious Publix key lime pie twice, ensure that the texture remains balance. For the first bake, you need 30 minutes, and you only need to check whether the crust is golden enough. The second baking needs the mixture, and it takes around 15 minutes until your Publix key lime pie is ready to serve.