The right recipe of pellet grill smoked salmon can transform a seemingly plain piece of fish into an appetizing, flavorful and mouth-melting dish by the first bite. This is exactly what the following recipe aims to provide to you. You may be surprised of how easy it is considering its amazing tastiness if it’s done right. Not to mention, the salmon as the base ingredient is extremely healthy, as a protein source and low in saturated fat, in addition of containing potassium, iron, vitamin B12, and vitamin D.
It is easier to achieve more flavorful and tender textured smoked salmon if you use larger cut, as it has more oil content. At maximum, the following pellet smoker grilled salmon recipe below takes one hour to prepare, but you may find thicker fillet requires longer time to cook compared to thinner fillets.
You don’t have to be concerned about whether your piece of salmon is going to be undercooked by using this hot smoked cooking method. It ensures the meat to reach safe internal temperature (145º) as it went under slow heating process.
- 2-3 lbs. salmon fillet
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. of your preferred sweetener, preferably raw sugar
- Prepare the grill then lower the heat to 275 to 300º.
- Create a spice rub by mixing garlic powder, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice rub on top of the fish fillet evenly.
- Put the salmon over the grill. You may insert a temp probe into the thickest section of the fillet if you have one. Don’t forget to close the lid.
- Let the salmon cook for approximately 1 hour or until it reaches 145º of internal temperature.
- Lift the salmon off the grill and prepare to serve in a platter.
The pellet grill smoked salmon is best to go with simple side dishes that won’t overpower the taste of the fish. Some of the most recommended side dish options to serve with smoked salmon are salad, rice, mashed potatoes, or vegetables.
If you have any leftovers of the dish, then you may cool it down before placing in inside a container. Place it inside your refrigerator if you will use it in 3 to 4 days, or place it inside the freezer to allow it survive for up to 2 months. The pellet grill smoked salmon is suitable whether to serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.