If you are planning to create a pellet grill chicken breast dish, the following recipe is going to show you how to cook a juicy, smoky, and tender one with BBQ rub. Chicken breast is generally a healthy and easy to make ingredient with savory flavor if treated right. It is simple enough to cook even if you are novice at kitchen. That being said, you may come across various pellet grill chicken breast recipes that requires long cooking process, unlike the one below.
The time you need to smoke the chicken breast may depend on its size or thickness. For example, larger ones can take around one hour. To help the meat cook evenly and at a similar rate, it is recommended to use ½” thick chicken breast. Using a chicken with uneven thickness that requires different length of time to cook may result in dry and chewy meat texture.
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – 2 tablespoon BBQ chicken rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the pellet grill by preheating it to 250ºF.
- Flatten the chicken breast by pounding it if yours have uneven thickness, into ½” thick.
- Spread olive oil on top of the chicken breast and distribute it to cover both of the sides.
- Rub the BBQ dry rub all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and slip a temperature probe into it.
- Close the lid of the pellet grill and let it cook for approximately one hour or up until the chicken reaches 160ºF.
- Take the chicken off of the pellet grill and let it cool down for 5 to 10 minutes.
BBQ sauce is probably the most commonly used rub for chicken breasts, but it’s definitely not the only one. If you are not a fan of this sauce, then you have a lot of other alternatives to explore, such as teriyaki sauce or seafood sauce.
This recipe of pellet grill chicken breast dish is going to be a big hit if you make it for a backyard gathering with family members or friends. To complement it, you can choose from a wide range of side dishes. Classic picnic side dishes such as vegetable salads, pasta salads, fruit salads, fresh green beans, baked beans, or baked potatoes will do just fine.
In case you want to save it for later or have any leftover, then store the chicken inside an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator. This pellet grill chicken breast dish can survive up to 3 days.