If you have ever eaten the Outback chicken tortilla soup menu from Outback steakhouse, then you must have known already of its savory and wholesome taste. Now, there’s a chance that you may want to recreate this dish at home. In this case, you can follow the provided recipe below.
The recipe offered in the following is simple enough even if you are not exactly an expert at the kitchen. It requires you to use slow cooker, which is not a complicated appliance to use. It is recommended to a slow cooker with at least 6 quartz capacities, but smaller ones also work. Without further ado, check out the Outback chicken tortilla soup ingredients and cooking instruction here.
- 4-6 boneless chicken breast
- 5 tortillas (2 cut into slight strips and the rest torn into large chunks)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 29 oz. tomatoes, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 14-15 oz. frozen corn
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lime extract
- Prepare the slow cooker and put boneless chicken, chicken stock, garlic, onion, cayenne powder, cumin, and bay leaves inside.
- Stir the ingredients inside the slow cooker and let it cook in low pressure up until 8 hours or in high pressure up until 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and shred the boneless chicken by using fork around half an hour before the cooking time is over.
- Add frozen corn, torn tortillas, lime extract, and cilantro into the slow cooker and let it cook again for half an hour.
- Pre-heat a skillet and pout the vegetable oil, then cook the thin tortilla strips until they turned crispy and brown.
- Transfer the chicken soup into a bowl and put crispy tortilla and shredded cheddar cheese as its toppings.
As you may have concluded from the Outback chicken tortilla soup recipe above, it is simple enough but it takes quite a long cooking period to perform. You need to spend at least 3 hours by using high mode and 8 hours if you use low mode pressure. Furthermore, if you use chicken with bones, you will require an extra hour or two.
The recipe above is so easy that it practically requires no cooking skill, as everything is handled by the slow cooker. This appliance can help you to make soup and other recipes due to its versatile functions. To spice up the Outback chicken tortilla soup menu, you may add additional ingredients according to your taste.