If you are searching for a delish dipping to enjoy with your tortilla, Oaxaca cheese dip would be a great choice? However, not many of you who already know what this cheese dip is.
Simply put, Oaxaca cheese dipping is a type of dipping that you can get by making it from an Oaxacan-born cheese. Wondering where Oaxaca is? Grab your map, and you’ll learn that Oaxaca is a county situated in the southern part of Mexico.
Is Oaxaca cheese any different? Definitely, it has its own specialty, which is available to notice in its semi-hard texture plus a white color. Included on its specialty is its feature to be similar with mozzarella string cheese. That’s why people are taking this cheese as an ingredient to make a dipping.
Planning to taste the deliciousness of Oaxaca cheese dip? If you have purchased the ingredients, you can finish making the dip in less than half an hour.
- 10 oz. Oaxaca cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced small
- ¾ cups of half and half milk
- 4.5 oz. chopped green chilies
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped, you can add more if you wish)
- ¼ cup jalapeno (chopped)
- Prepare your saucepan or skillet (saucepan preferred). Then, break the cheese and put into the utensil using low heat.
- Following the step, pour ¾ cup half and half milk onto the saucepan. Don’t adjust the heat—just let it melt the cheese. To avoid getting the milk and cheese getting burnt, you will need to stir the mixture occasionally. Break down any clump and crust as well—this will make cleaning your utensil hard to diminish.
- Once the mixture smooth and thicken, proceed to add the remaining ingredients: tomatoes, green chilies, chopped cilantro, and of course the chopped jalapeno. Keep on stirring occasionally while mixing the ingredients altogether.
- After all ingredients got all mixed, you may turn the heat.
- Pour your queso (cheese) into your serving bowl of choice. Now your Oaxaca cheese dipping is done!
So, that is the procedure of making a dipping sauce from Oaxaca cheese. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
If you are wondering what kind of food that will go well with the cheese dip, you can say that many Mexican dishes will mingle with it well. Tortilla? Dip them in! Taco bowl? Transform the Oaxaca dip into sauce, and no one would complain! Whatever it is, Oaxaca cheese dip is an excellent, savory, multi-purpose dipping so easy to make.