It is fair to say that Marie Callender Strawberry pie is almost everyone’s favorite. This dessert is sweet, sour, and absolutely yummy. If you are a total dessert lover, you might love this strawberry pie by Marie Callender. For those of you who prefer to make it yourself, you can try this Marie Callender Strawberry pie copycat recipe. For the pie crust, you can make a homemade pie crust or opt for using instant, ready made crust pies that you can find at grocery stores, such as Graham cracker crust.
Here are the ingredients to make the copycat recipe of Marie Callender strawberry pie.
- 6 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- A cup of water
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 (9 inches) prepared Graham cracker crust
Those ingredients are typically easy to find. You can buy them at most grocery stores.
How to Make
Below are the steps to make the strawberry pie.
- Make sure you already cleanly wash the strawberries. Then, in a large saucepan, mix together the sugar, water, cornstarch, and gelatin. Boil them for a minute before you turn off the heat.
- After that, add the strawberries. Toss and stir until all of the strawberries are coated well.
- Pour the strawberry filling into the Graham cracker crust. Let it chill until it sets well. It is recommended to chill the pie for 3 hours to 5 hours, or even overnight. This will make the strawberry filling to stiffen a bit and also allow the juices run into the pie crust. This way, you will have a tastier and more flavorful strawberry pie.
- Once the strawberry pie is well-chilled, you can serve it with whipped cream on top of it. Or, you can also serve it with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
That is the copycat recipe to make strawberry pie from Marie Callender. It is perfect to serve as a dessert after dinner. You are suggested to directly eat it. If there is any leftover, you can freeze it though it is not recommended. Because freezing strawberry pies will change the texture of the strawberries and the consistency of the pie filling.
Or, you can just store it in the fridge. However, I doubt that there will be any leftover if you try this Marie Callender strawberry pie. It is so yummy!