Longhorn is best known as a restaurant with the best steak, and this time you will learn about Longhorn lamb chops recipe, including the secrets to own such a mouthwatering taste. Take your time to have a look at this recipe, and let’s see how different it is to your way to prep lamb chops. Who knows you can start your own Longhorn in the future?
Below, you will find Longhorn lamb chops recipe along with some recommendation to take while cooking your lamb meat.
- The lamb chops itself. According to the Longhorn, it’s suggested to have Australian lamb chops. Australian lamb chops tend to be larger and own more balanced flavor. Next, make sure to have your lamb light pink to red in color. Never take a frozen lamb—ensure what you got is high quality.
- Canola oil
- Red onion, minced
- Garlic (a lot), chopped
- Some parsley
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Wilted spinach and mashed potatoes
How to make the lamb chops:
- Marinade your lamb first. Prepare at least one hour to marinade the meat with a mix of canola oil, onion, parsley and garlic. Make sure to flip occasionally to ensure all parts are marinated.
- Prepare your grill. You can use sauté pan if grilling indoors or char grill if grilling outdoor. For char grill, make sure to have it very hot (around 475-500oF). Hot grill like this will ensure the meat to lock in the juices. If grilling indoors, coat your pan with canola oil. Don’t forget to season the meat with pepper and salt.
- Now, start grilling! Place the lamb chops on the grill, making it to be 2-3 minutes for each side.
- Once the meat’s internal temperature reaches 140-145 degrees, you can take the meat from the grill. You can cook longer if you desire to have it well done.
- Serve your lamb on a plate, completed with mashed potatoes and the spinach.
If you love to copy this Longhorn lamb chops recipe to even the mint-infused bordelaise sauce, here’s how to make it.
- 2 oz. of rough-chopped fresh mint, including stems
- 1 tsp finely-chopped mint leaves
- 6 oz. of prepared brown gravy (you can find this at grocery store in its dry sauce form)
- ½ white sugar
- 1 cup of cider vinegar
How to make the sauce:
- Combine roughly chopped mint, cider vinegar, and white sugar into a sauce pan.
- Simmer the aforementioned ingredients until it makes syrup-like substance.
- Add the syrup to the brown gravy after straining the mint. Then, mix well.
- Add finely-chopped mint leaves, and stir the sauce well.
Are you ready to satiate your hunger and your tongue buds? Now prep your time to cook this Longhorn lamb chops recipe and not to forget, that aforementioned Longhorn lamb chops sauce recipe.