It is not that difficult to make Ina Garten lentil soup, but it takes many ingredients to make the meal. Add it with sausage, and that’d be even greater! Keep this sausage recipe on your cookbook and that’ll be a go-to recipe whenever you feel the weather is freezing. Dinner time will heal your shivers!
What you need to make Ina Garten lentil soup will be listed below.
- 1 lb. green lentils, preferably French green lentils
- 3 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 leeks, chopped (you only need the light green and white parts only)
- 4-6 carrots, diced in medium size
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage, diced half length-wise and then sliced with thickness around 1/3-inch
- 3 quarts chicken stock, preferably homemade
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 8 stalks celery, diced in medium
- ¼ cup olive oil (also prepare some addition for serving)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or dry red wine
- Freshly grated Parmesan (to be used for serving)
- Prepare a large bowl. Inside the bowl, place your lentils.
- Cover the lentils in the bowl with boiling water. You only have to let it sit. Wait around 15 minutes before draining.
- Now get a large stockpot. Use the pot to sauté the leeks, onions, garlic, and seasonings such as salt, cumin, pepper, and thyme. Make sure to sauté it until the veggies seem tender and translucent.
- Continue by adding carrots and celery. Continue sautéing for additional 10 minutes.
- Once you done sautéing, proceed to add the chicken stock, the drained lentils, and tomato paste. Cover your stockpot and then let it boil.
- After it boils, reduce the heat. Let it simmer with the lid open for another hour—or until you are sure that the lentils are well-cooked.
- Check for the taste. Correct it if you think something’s lacking.
- Now it’s time to add the kielbasa sausage. Don’t forget to add the red wine as well. Let it remain simmering until the sausage’s temperature rises well.
- Once you done cooking, prepare your bowl to serve the soup.
- Drizzle your lentil soup with olive oil, and don’t forget to sprinkle the Parmesan (grated) on top of the soup.
Sounds easy to make Ina Garten lentil soup recipe, doesn’t it? Now, it is your time to remake this 10-serving Ina Garten lentil soup!