Are you looking for a quick but delicious Manwich Sloppy Joe recipe? This classic recipe can always save your day when you don’t have much time to cook for lunch or dinner. You can even complete the recipe just within 20 minutes! Wondering how to make this delicious recipe? Find out an easy and quick recipe to create Manwich Sloppy Joe here and see how your kids will love the taste.
The ingredients used in the Manwich Sloppy Joe are quite simple. Not only that but you can easily find the ingredients in the supermarket or grocery stores. To make this Manwich Sloppy Joe, you need to prepare the following ingredients.
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ ketchup
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
How to Make the Manwich Sloppy Joe Recipe
Making this Manwich Sloppy Joe recipe only needs a few steps. Here are the instructions.
- Put the ground beef in a large skillet to allow it to turn brown entirely. Cook the ground beef on high heat until the meat turns deep brown. Make sure that the ground beef becomes brown entirely just before you break the beef apart.
- Then, you need to stir the ground beef until you see a deep crust on about 50% of the meat. Be sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly before you remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- For the next step, you need to drain the fat on the skillet and then add butter to it. Don’t forget to add bell pepper and onion to the pan.
- Let the ingredients for about a minute or two before you stir them. Then, let the ingredients get brown for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ground beef back to the pan while you stir the ingredients.
- After that, put other ingredients such as garlic, brown sugar, black pepper, ketchup, mustard, and salt in the skillet. Cook all these ingredients for about 3 to 5 minutes until most of the liquid contained in the mixture has evaporated.
- Place the ground beef between hamburger buns. Don’t forget to serve it with cheese to add flavor. As an alternative, you can also mix the cheese and add it to the Manwich Sloppy Joe recipe.