You may have asked your friend about grape jelly and ketchup meatballs. Your significant ones, or even your children see it somewhere and wonder whether you can make it or not. Although they are not challenging you, you may have felt challenged. Unfortunately, your friend knows nothing than just eating, leaving you dumbfounded.
Guess what, making those grape jelly and ketchup meatballs is definitely easy, so easy that even you can make it half-asleep. Presuming that you have had the meatballs, be it homemade or purchased from the local grocery store, you’ll only need to prep the sauce. Here’s what you need to prepare.
- Grape jelly. Pick a brand that suits your palate. Don’t compromise a happy tummy for cheap price, or you’ll regret it.
- Ketchup. You can add it with some hot sauce in case you need a spicy kick to shoo away boring, sour ketchup taste.
- Worcestershire sauces—well, let’s try not to perform Spelling Bee this time. This sauce is also a primary ingredient in making your grape jelly and ketchup sauce.
How to make the sauce
- Grab a small pot, and toss all ingredients into it. There is no specific amount of each ingredient—just make it according to your taste bud’s preference.
- Heat the pot with medium heat. Whisk the sauce occasionally.
- Preheat your oven by setting it to 350oF.
- Continue whisking your sauce until it becomes smooth. Then, bring it to simmer only.
- Try the taste. If something feels lacking, then you can add the relevant ingredient according to your taste preference.
- Now that you have the grape jelly and ketchup sauce and have preheated the oven, be prepared to pour it over your meatballs.
- Alternately, you can brush the sauce onto the meatballs’ surface. But that means you need to arrange your meatballs first on a baking tray.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven until all meatballs are equally cooked.
- Serve the meatballs for an appetizer meal, or simply have it with rice.
This sweet and sour meatballs recipe is a perfect meal to have if you are craving for a sweet and sour snack that also goes well as main dish. As mentioned earlier, serve it with warm rice and you’ll definitely got a full tummy!
Alternately, you may also have it for snacks. Consider adding spicy sauce if you want a spicy kick for this outstanding snack. It’d be great to have this menu at a party as well, so make sure you take note of this grape jelly and ketchup meatballs.