If you are a frequent audience of Food Network, then you must be familiar with one of the most popular soup recipes, namely Giada lentil soup. It is a soup recipe courtesy of one of the great Food Network chefs, Giada De Laurentiis. If you are looking for a home cook made of ingredients that can be found easily in the majority of kitchens, this lentil soup recipe is your best bet.
This Giada lentil soup recipe is a hearty soup with a light broth perfect for fighting the colder months of the year. Giada De Laurentiis provides a recipe with a delightful blend of herbs and spices originally from Italy that will delight your taste buds. This could also be your go-to recipe whenever you are feeling under the weather.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil and extra olive oil for drizzling
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 pound of lentils, around 1 ¼ cups
- 4-6 fresh sprigs of thyme
- 11 cups of chicken broth, low-salt one
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup of dried elbow pasta
- To start making the Giada lentil soup, you first need to prepare a heavy, large saucepan to heat the olive oil in medium heat. Add the chopped carrots, celery, and onion to the saucepan. Then, add the chopped garlic, freshly ground black pepper, and salt. Sauté for around 5-8 minutes or until all of the vegetables are adequately tender.
- Toss in the diced tomatoes, along with their juices. Simmer for around 8 minutes while also stirring the mix once in a while until the tomatoes are broken down, and the liquids are evaporated. Toss in the lentils and stir them well. Pour in the low-salt chicken broth and continue to stir. Add the thyme sprigs and bring the soup to boil in high heat. Put on the cover and cook in low heat for around 30 minutes until all the lentils are tender.
- Toss in the pasta and simmer until tender for around 8 minutes. Season it with salt and ground black pepper. Ladle the lentil soup into a bowl. Giada lentil soup is ready to enjoy with shredded Parmesan sprinkled on top of it and a drizzle of olive oil.