The following recipe of George Foreman chicken breast with maple and thyme is worth considering if you are looking for an easy dish to prepare for dinner. The main ingredient of this menu, chicken breast, is a healthy option for meal for those of you who prefer to consume lean animal protein. It is also rich with several vitamins and minerals that will contribute to your daily needs of nutrients, including vitamin B12, iron, zinc, selenium, and pantothenic acid.
George Foreman grilling machine itself is an extremely practical appliance to use to prepare healthy lean protein. George Foreman chicken breast grill helps to cook this chicken in no time with high and evenly spread heat on both of its sides simultaneously, resulting in tender and moist chicken.
For this George Foreman chicken breast recipe, it is not recommended to use frozen chicken. In case you only have frozen chicken, you may thaw it using cold water or microwave defrosting method before continuing with the steps as explained below.
- 6 ounce or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3-4 fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ large-sized lemon, squeezed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix together maple syrup, maple extract, olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper on medium to high heat in a saucepan for five minutes until the mixture boil and the sauce starts to thicken, while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and throw in the thyme.
- Let the marinade mixture to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken breast in a zip lock bag and roll in the marinade mixture.
- Put in in refrigerator to marinate for approximately half an hour.
- Prepare the George Foreman grilling machine by preheating it to 425°F.
- Take out the chicken, remove the thyme, and put it on the George Foreman grill for about 6 to 10 minutes based on its thickness. Check if the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve while hot with your preferred side dishes.
A grilled chicken breast works well with practically any side dishes. Most people like to serve it with Asparagus. If you have a bag of frozen Asparagus at home, you can grill it along with the George Foreman chicken breast by adding oil and seasoning for approximately 5 to 7 minutes.