Making Denny’s biscuits and gravy is not hard at all. It is easy to make and needs just a small amount of time. It also needs just a few ingredients as well. Basically, you will need flour, sausages, butter, milk, and some seasonings. You can also use any kinds of biscuits that you love. For example, country-style buttermilk biscuits. So, are you ready to try this easy Denny’s biscuits and gravy recipe?
The ingredients you need are:
- A can of buttermilk biscuits, refrigerated
- 16 ounces of sausages. You can use pork sausages, chicken sausages, or beef sausages.
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. This is optional.
How to Cook
Here are the steps to cook biscuits and gray from Denny.
- Follow the package instructions to cook the buttermilk biscuits.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Then add sausages. Cook the sausages and break them up into chunks with a spatula. Cook until they turn brown and no longer pink.
- After that, add butter and cook until it melts. After that, whisk in flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper if you use it. Cook it for a minute.
- Then, whisk in the milk a little at a time. Stir it occasionally and cook until the mixture has thickened. Remove the heat if the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the gravy all over the biscuits. Serve this copycat of Denny’s biscuits and gravy while it is still warm.
That is the copycat recipe of biscuits and gravy of Denny. This recipe is made for 4 servings so that it is perfect to serve as breakfast with your family. Isn’t it easy and quick to make this recipe? You just need 5 minutes for the preparation and 20 minutes for cooking. So, you just need 25 minutes in total to make this delicious biscuits and gravy. This menu is really suitable for those of you who prefer quick breakfast.
You can find and buy all of the ingredients at most grocery stores. If you like spicy, it is recommended to add cayenne pepper. It will give a kick to the dish. This menu is savory, creamy, and tasty. Do you want to try making Denny’s biscuits and gravy?