Libby’s canned pumpkin soup recipe is easy to make. This pumpkin soup is thick, yummy, and warm, making it perfect to eat during the winter or cold weather. This dish is also great to serve as a Thanksgiving meal. The key ingredients of this recipe are Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin and Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk. If you want to make it yourself, try this easy Libby’s canned pumpkin soup recipe below.
The ingredients you need are:
- A can (15 oz) of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- A can (12 fl oz) of Nestle Carnation evaporated milk
- A can of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of butter or margarine
- ½ cup of water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Then, add the onion, garlic, and brown sugar. Cook for around a minute to 2 minutes until it is soft.
- Then, add the chicken broth, water, salt, and pepper. Boil it and do not forget to stir occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, Keep cooking and stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and Nestle evaporated milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes more. After that, turn the heat off.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor. Blend it until smooth. Return to the saucepan and serve the creamy pumpkin soup warm.
That is Libby’s canned pumpkin soup recipe. This recipe is easy and quick to cook. You just need 10 minutes for the preparation and 25 minutes for cooking the pumpkin soup. So, you just need 35 minutes in total to make this yummy pumpkin soup. This recipe is made for 5 servings. So, it should be enough to be served for a family dinner. If you use 29 oz Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin, all you need to do is just to double all of the ingredients.
All of the ingredients are also easy to find. You can buy the ingredients in a supermarket. If you hardly find Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin at nearby stores, you can buy it online on online shop platforms, such as Walmart and Amazon. Interested to try this Libby’s canned pumpkin soup recipe?