Church’s chicken biscuits are the kind of flaky biscuit with honey butter glaze. The glaze is brushed on top of the biscuits immediately after they are baked, making it so delicious and scrumptious to eat. This biscuit is usually served with the restaurant’s signature fried chicken and other dishes, too. They are so mouth-watering and soft to bite. It will be like the perfect side dish on the plate. Can you make the biscuit at home, though? Well, you can and this is the recipe to follow.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Start the cooking process of Church’s chicken biscuits by preheating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl. Into the bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, cream of tartar and baking powder. Stir until they are well-combined.
- Then, add in vegetable shortening. Break it with your hands and incorporate it to the flour mixture. Stop when the mixture feels a bit rough/ grainy.
- Now, pour in milk slowly and start kneading the dough. Knead for about 2-3 minutes until the dough is softened. Once done, divide the dough into several parts and roll the dough into balls. Each ball should be about 1/4 cup of weight. Then, flattened the dough into 1/2 inch of thickness.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick spray and arrange the biscuits on it. Then, brush each biscuit with melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Once the biscuit is baked, take them out of the oven and immediately brush them with the mixture of melted butter and honey. Serve immediately. This honey butter biscuits recipe will make 6-8 freshly-baked biscuit.
That is basically the recipe to follow. You do not need to go to Church’s every day to get the biscuit and instead you can make one on your own. If you do not like honey butter, you can alternate the glaze with anything of your preference. Melted butter mixed with herbs and minced garlic will also be a good glaze for the biscuit. It will bring more savory flavor to the biscuits. However, people love the classic one and thus Church’s chicken biscuits are so associated with the honey butter glaze.