Wondering how to make chocolates whoopie pies? No need to worry, the chocolate whoopie pies recipe is so simple! All you need are these ingredients below:
- ¼ kg (250 g or 2 cups) of AP flour
- ½ cup (equal to 60 g) sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted sugar (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filing, you will need:
- 500 gram (4 cups) powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
This is how you make the chocolates whoopie pies. No worries, it is quite simple as you make a normal chocolate cake.
- Do preheating your oven to 350oF and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk in cocoa powder, the AP flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the electric mixer bowl, beat cream butter and sugar using the paddle mixer attachment until it turns smooth, fluffy, and light.
- Stop the mixer and use the scraper to mix the cream butter mix with the vanilla extract and egg. It may curdle, but don’t worry as you will add dry ingredients after this.
- Now, let the dry ingredients to get into the mix. Mix it until it all combined evenly.
- Get an ice cream scoop, and then use it to scoop and drop the creamy batter onto the baking sheets—make it 2-inch apart.
- Toss the batter into the preheated oven for around 10-12 minutes. Try to insert a toothpick to check. If your toothpick comes out clean, then stop the baking process.
- Before frosting, let the cake cool.
Making the filling:
- Prepare the bowl and the mixer (use paddle attachment again). Inside the bowl then put in cream butter. Mix the cream butter until it turns light, smooth, and creamy. Stop the mixing.
- Now mix in one cup powdered sugar, one tbsp milk, and vanilla extract. Slowly, add other powdered sugar (one cup at a time). Make sure to add one tbsp milk after each cup of powdered sugar. Mix it these ingredients until they mix well with no powdery lumps whatsoever.
- Transfer the buttercream into a pastry bag (disposable bag used for filling). After the cake have completely cooled down, pipe the filling onto the cake’s flat side. Make it as sandwich with another cake and give it a little press to spread the filling.
Sounds easy and fun, doesn’t it? What do you think of making some chocolates whoopie pies for this weekend?