If you love to go to Cheesecake Factory, we are sure you know (or even have ordered) Cheesecake Factory mac and cheese balls. Delicious as it sounds, many believe that having it daily will not be such a hassle. Instead, it would be an enjoyable think to do. Just like our obsession with pizza.
Alright, you may drool there and want to remake that Cheesecake Factory mac and cheese balls. Wondering how to make this meal? Here’s how to make it along with Cheesecake Factory mac and cheese balls ingredients.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp AP flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Milk: 2 cups (warmed) and 2 tbsp (for egg wash addition)
- Alfredo or marinara sauce (for dipping)
- 1-pound grated cheddar cheese (freshly grated are much-preferred)
- 3 large eggs
- 1-pound smoked gouda cheese (freshly grated)
- 4 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Prepare the macaroni and cook it as per what the instruction is telling you to. After cooking the macaroni, drain the water and rinse it once with cold water to leave its remaining flour.
- Use a saucepan and medium heat to melt butter. Sprinkle some flour and stir until the flour has all mixed well.
- Pour warm milk and work any flour lumps out. Remove the heat once the sauce gets thickened.
- Add both cheddar and Gouda cheese onto the sauce. Again, stir the sauce until all cheeses get perfectly melted. Put some seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Mix the sauce with the cooked macaroni.
- Put the mac-n-cheese in a shallow pan and chill it in the fridge.
- Now make the cheese-n-mac into balls after it got chilled. After shaping, you can place them over a paraffin paper-lined tray. Freeze the mac-n-cheese balls all-night.
- Mix 2 eggs with 2 tbsp milk in a small bowl. Into another small bowl, pour breadcrumbs to cover the mac-n-cheese balls with.
- Dip the balls into the egg mix, and then cover it with the breadcrumbs. Repeat this procedure twice for all mac-n-cheese balls.
- Let it rest in the freezer until you are ready to have it fried. It’s best not to directly fry it—it will keep the coating ‘intact’.
- For frying, heat vegetable oil up to 350oF (176oC). Fry the coated mac-n-cheese balls until they turn golden brown (around 5 minutes).
- Serve the fried mac-n-cheese balls with the mentioned sauce for dipping.
There’s a lot of prepping, we know. However, you’d reap what you sow—more and more craving is what you have after recooking this Cheesecake Factory mac and cheese balls!