Carrabba’s blackberry sangria is one of the signature cocktails of the famous Carrabba’s Italian Grill. This cocktail is so delicious that ordering just a glass or two seems never enough. So, why not make yourself and spend this weekend with a cold glass of blackberry sangria after dinner? Just, check out the following recipe.
What to Know
You need to know that this blackberry sangria cocktail is an authentic Spanish recipe. In this way, a dry and bold Spanish red wine is a great ingredient to add to the cocktail. A Tempranillo or a Cabernet Sauvignon is highly recommended to help you create an authentic taste for the cocktail. Despite the great taste offered, the blackberry sangria cocktail might contain some hidden sugars due to the ingredients used. However, you can still enjoy the healthier and less sugary version of sangria by adding sugar-free simple syrup made of monk fruit. As for the juice, you can pick up the one that doesn’t contain additive ingredients. You can use Santa Cruz juice since the product is made of pure cranberries. Just like other tasty beverages, this Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria also has a secret ingredient! Yap, one ingredient that differentiates it from other sangria recipes is the vanilla. It adds a soft flavor and sweeter to the cocktail and makes it tastier.
Ingredients to make this homemade blackberry sangria cocktail are easy to get. The recipe itself can be used to make 8 to 10 servings of blackberry sangria.
- Simple syrup (1/4 cup)
- A nip or ¼ – 1/3 cup of brandy
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Cranberry juice (1 cup)
- Blackberries (1 cup)
- 1 cup of crushed blackberries
- Dry Spanish red wine (1 bottle)
- Vanilla flavoring (1/2 cup)
How to Make It
Follow these steps to make Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria recipe!
- Crush 1 cup of fresh blackberries in a bowl and don’t forget to take out of the soft pits.
- Prepare a pitcher and put the crushed blackberries in it along with orange slices, lemon slices, and whole blackberries.
- Then, add the simple syrup, the brandy, and the cranberry juice to the mixture.
- After that, pour in the whole bottle of red wine.
- Mix all the ingredients and then add vanilla flavoring or vanilla extract.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to let it chill perfectly.
- Then, pour the mixture into a nice-looking glass and add some cubes of ice. Voila! Your own version of Carrabba’s blackberry sangria is ready to serve.