Bush’s baked beans with ground beef is one of the best dishes you can make on your own. It is very easy and everyone should be able to cook it like under an hour. It will be the best comfort food to eat.
- 1 lbs ground beef, fats removed
- 1 can Bush’s Original Baked Beans (28oz size)
- 1 package corn muffin mix (8.5 oz. size)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz. size)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start making the Bush’s baked beans with ground beef by preheating oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a baking dish with butter, oil or cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Prepare a heavy-bottomed skillet and place it on stove over medium heat. Drizzle cooking oil and once it heats up, add in chopped onion and cook until it is slightly translucent.
- Then, add in the chopped bell pepper. Cook until the bell pepper is softening. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once done, add the ground beef and then cook until the mixture is all well-combined and completely cooked. After that, turn off the heat and drain the excess liquid from the beef mixture. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and set it aside.
- Use the same pan; mix together the baked beans from Bush’s and tomato paste. Stir everything together until the two ingredients are mixed together. Set it aside.
- Open the muffin mix package and then cook the muffin according to the instruction on the back of the page.
- Now, take the greased baking dish. Into the dish, start layering the ingredients. First, the beef mixture is spread evenly on the bottom of the pan. Then, pour the baked beans mixture. The last layer will be the muffin batter mixture.
- Put the baking dish in the preheated oven and then bake it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, take it out, sprinkle lots and lots of cheese. Put the dish back in the oven and let it broil for 5-8 minutes until all the cheeses are melting.
- The casserole is done and ready to be served. You can use the same recipe to make baked beans with ground turkey or with other proteins.
Well, it is very easy to make the casserole-like dish. Follow the recipe of Bush’s baked beans with ground beef above to make sure you cook the proper dish.