If you are craving for warm and filling meal, this Bob Evans sausage gravy recipe is going to fit you perfectly. It does not take an ample amount of time to follow this recipe from start to finish. It is definitely a suitable meal to cook when you are in hurry such as during breakfast time.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour to create roux
- 1 pound deli pork sausage, you can use Bulk sausage from Bob Evan’s original recipe get authentic flavor
- 2 cups whole milk, other milk substitute can be used for this recipe
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 pieces baked biscuits, you can use Bob Evans biscuits recipe for a boost of flavor
- Place pork sausage in a large pan over medium heat.
- While cooking the sausage, break it down into smaller pieces.
- Stir in all-purpose flour once sausage has turned brown and rendered its fat. Keep stirring for around a minute for flour to melt down into fat and raw flour taste is rid of.
- Pour whole milk slowly into the roux mixture while keep stirring.
- Boil gravy until it simmers and bubbly.
- Nearing the end, season gravy with salt and black pepper.
- Serve gravy with baked biscuits.
- This Bob Evans sausage gravy recipe will yield 8 servings.
This recipe is among the most well-known Bob Evans breakfast recipes. There are some adjustments that can be done to enhance its flavor. Whole milk can be replaced with cream if thick consistency is preferred. If you are avoiding dairy, milk substitute like almond milk can also be used. Adding little drops of Worcestershire will also turn this gravy into the more traditional brown look.
It is not hard to achieve the same sweet yet savory taste of this gravy without going out from your home. The ingredients are also easily obtainable. Try this Bob Evans sausage gravy recipe and taste the comfort!