Are you an avid fan of Arby’s jalapeno poppers? It’s known to many that Arby’s poppers are the ones you shouldn’t miss anytime you visit Arby’s. Good news is, you can really make this yourself at home. You can even store it as your ‘emergency’ snacking that you can put in your fridge.
- 25 jalapeno peppers (feel free to determine the number)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, which is set into room temp
- All-purpose flour, as needed
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of fresh milk
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- Oregano (optional); salt, black pepper (as required)
- Frying oil
Let’s now learn how to remake Arby’s jalapeno poppers. This is how to make the poppers:
- First of all, clean the jalapeno peppers. Cut the stem and slit the peppers into half.
- Next, clean the seeds thoroughly. If you like a spicy kick, it’s best to keep some seeds inside. Put the jalapenos aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Then, add the spices: salt, black pepper, and oregano (optional, but adding it will give you better taste).
- Finely chop one red bell pepper then mix it with all the ingredients already prepared in the mixing bowl.
- Taste the ingredients combo and add more spices if needed.
- Now, start stuffing the jalapeno peppers with that mix. Put the stuffed jalapenos aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine 0.5-cup milk and all-purpose flour. This is done to make the breading; hence, make sure that you don’t make it too thick nor too slurry.
- Prepare some all-purpose flour and breadcrumbs in two other plates.
- Then, it’s the coating time:
- Take one jalapeno pepper and dust it with all-purpose flour. No need to make it thick.
- The next step is to coat it with the AP flour + milk mix.
- The last coating should be the breadcrumbs. Make sure all peppers surface is coated. Put aside.
- To make it coating firm, keep them in your fridge for around 30 minutes to an hour. If you want to store it for dinner snack, you can do that as well. Just make sure you store the peppers right.
- Prepare enough frying oil to deep fry the stuffed jalapeno. Set the stove to be in high heat, prepare some paper towels to ‘clean’ out the excess oil from the fried peppers.
- Serve the jalapeno poppers with tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, or any dipping sauce that you love!
This Arby’s jalapeno poppers recipe can be modified to meet your expectation. For example, you can add a small bar of mozzarella cheese inside the stuffing, or coating the breadcrumbs with bacons. Whatever your choice is, this Arby’s jalapeno poppers ‘copycat’ is a great, easy pick for your snacking!