Let’s admit that Arby’s jalapeno poppers are one of the most irresistible snacks. While Arby’s is popularly known for its sandwiches, the jalapeno poppers or bites are not something that can be overlooked. If you love cheesy foods, you will definitely enjoy this snack which has a jalapeno zing to it. The best thing about this spicy snack is that you can make it on your own.
Making Arby’s jalapeno poppers recipe is not that tricky. Still, you will need to implement several safety tips that anyone does when cooking with jalapeno. Make sure to wear gloves to prevent skin irritation. You need to also test the jalapeno to know whether it is mild or wild peppers. Before stuffing the peppers, be sure to clean them thoroughly to reduce the heat.
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 16 oz. of cream cheese, put it at room temperature
- 4 eggs, fully beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- All-purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper and oregano (both are optional)
- To make Arby’s jalapeno poppers copycat recipe, you first need to thoroughly clean the peppers under running water and slit them in half. Remove the seeds, but you may also leave them a bit if you want to get a zing of spiciness. Put the jalapeno aside.
- In a bowl, mix the 16 oz. of cream cheese, salt, and black pepper. If you like, you may add oregano and finely chop red bell pepper. Mix them well and adjust the seasoning as to your liking. Stuff the jalapeno peppers with the mixture and put them aside once you have finished filling them.
- Now, let’s get started with the breading mixture. In a mixing bowl, mix all-purpose flour and ½ cup of milk until there are no lumps in the mix. Make it a bit slurry as it is to coat the jalapeno peppers before frying them.
- With all-purpose flour, dust all the stuffed jalapeno peppers before coating them with the milk and flour mixture. Coat each of the peppers with breadcrumbs and set them aside. Continue until all the peppers are nicely breaded. To make them a bit harden, put the jalapeno poppers in the fridge for approximately 15 minutes. To deep-fry the poppers, make sure you have enough cooking oil. Set the heat to high and fry the peppers until they turn golden brown. Place them on a tray covered with kitchen tissues to remove the excess oil. Serve the Arby’s jalapeno poppers with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.