A kind food that’s currently is surely sausage. There are many types of sausages in this world, and one of which is andouille sausage publix. This one is a smoked sausage made of selected part of pork. Since it is made through the smoking process, this sausage has a distinctive taste that’s liked by many people.
Here is a copycat recipe of andouille sausage publix if you want to make your own.
- 1 ½ pounds pork belly
- 3 ½ beef
- 1 cup onion
- 30 grams of salt
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 3 tbsp fresh garlic
- 25 grams of milk powder
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp clove
- Hog casings
- ½ cup wine
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- The first step to make smoked pork sausage is sauté the onions. For the perfect taste, make sure you sauté them using lard. You must cook it until it smells good, wilted, and brownish in color.
- While waiting for the onions to cool, you can soak the hog casings in water.
- Next, cut the meat, and mix it with garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, dry milk, cloves, mustard, and thyme allspice. Milk is essential for keeping meat juicy even when smoked.
- After everything is mixed, freeze it for 1 hour in the refrigerator. After that, grind all the ingredients that have been mixed and add the wine. Keep stirring until it forms a thick dough.
- After that, remove the soaked casings and rinse thoroughly. The use of salt is highly recommended to dissolve the impurities in the casings.
- Rinse as cleanly as possible under running water so as not to affect the taste of meat.
- Next, put the dough into the casings. Don’t forget to tie the first end, so the dough doesn’t spill everywhere.
- Bonding can be done without straps by tying one part of the casing to another. In doing it, you can use the help of a slide, spoon, or plastic.
- After all of the dough is in the casings, tie the other parts. The casings are useful for forming the sausages.
- The last process is smoking, but first you have to hang the sausages overnight at room temperature. Then make small holes in the casing by poking it. Smoke for up to 4 hours.
- Now, your andouille sausage publix is ready to be consumed or processed again.