Ditalini Pasta Salad is a refreshing, amazing, and delicious salad. Your family will love this best ditalini pasta salad. This great pasta salad is perfect when you bring it to a barbecue or pot luck to share with your friends or family. You can add fresh lemon juice to get a bit of a tangy taste. You can try to sprinkle sweet basil to give you a summer twist. You can play with your creative toppings based on your taste.
Ditalini pasta has also known as the macaroni pasta. It is an Italian pasta with a ridged or smooth tube which is long enough. If you cannot find any ditalini pasta, then you can replace it with the elbow macaroni. This pasta is usually used in the soup, but it also works well with the type of salt. Your children will love this paste and ask more. So, you can make this ditalini pasta salad at home.
- 1 rib of celery leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of dried Ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ of lemon juice
- 4 to 5 of sweet basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise, as your preference
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 boiled egg, sliced nicely as a garnish
- Sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Basil sprigs as garnish
- You can prepare pasta based to package directions. In the colander, then you can rinse the cooked macaroni with cold water. Set aside for a while to make macaroni stay moist, then you can pour them in the big bowl.
- You can add celery, peas, and red onion – ensure you mix them well. Then you can fold gently the basil leaves.
- In the small jar, you can whisk together lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, paprika, red pepper, Dijon mustard, salt, mayonnaise, and paper. You can adjust these seasonings based on your taste. You can make your salad lightly and adjust the sauce amount that your dressing needs.
- Add this dressing to your salad, mix it slowly to combine. Do not forget to taste and adjust salt and paper based on your taste
- Place your salad in the serving dish, and garnish with the boiled egg and sweet basil. Then wrap it and store it in your fridge until your ditalini pasta salad is ready to serve.