If you read this article, you may want to make potatoes au gratin ina Garten with tasty toppings, such as heavy cream, slices of potato, and cheese for a special occasion. It would be pretty when you slice it, and it can be reheated based on your need. If you want to make these special potatoes au gratin ina garten, then you can follow the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 6 large russet and peeled potatoes
- 1 ½ or 2 cups of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon of black paper
- To make these potatoes au gratin ina garten, then you can slice the potatoes thinly by using a chef’s knife if you have one. Pour sliced potatoes into the large bowl of cold water when you work to keep it’s brown. After all, potatoes are sliced, then you need to drain them, and pat them until dry. Back to the large bowl, you start to add thyme, cream, salt, pepper, and mix them all to layer all potatoes with cream.
- After it, you can spray and pour down the mixture to the dish, ensure that you spread it evenly, and press down to remove any air pocket. You can sprinkle it with cheese and extra thyme if you love it, then cover it with the foil that you have sprayed with the cooking spray.
- You can bake it at 375 degrees until the cream has thickened and the potatoes are well-cooked. It takes around 60 to 90 minutes, then removes the foil in the last 15 minutes of cooking, and the surface starts to get brown slightly. Let it around 10 to 15 minutes before you serve it. So, making gruyere potatoes au gratin ina garten is quite easy.
If you do not want to get too much cream on your plate or your cream never gets thicken, then it is better to mix the potatoes with a bit of cream and sprinkle a little more at the tip if necessary than you pour it with a cream. After the potato layers were pressed into the baking pan, the cream should not more than 1/3 of your pan. Ensure that you pour a bit of cream in your potatoes au gratin ina Garten.